– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup bakers sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp orange essence
-1/2 tsp almond extract
– 2/3 cup milk
-2 cups of fruits cut into 1/2 inch cubes (leave blueberries whole)
– 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 18 muffin tin with paper liners
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until well combined. Gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, and beat on low speed until smooth. (Note: the batter will be very thick.)
- Divide the batter evenly in the 18 prepared muffin liners.
- Arrange the fruits on top so that they completely cover the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar over the fruits.
- Bake for ten minutes, then reduce the heat to 325°F and bake until the muffins are lightly golden and a tester comes out clean, about an 20 minutes.
(About 210 calories per muffin)